Facilities: need to know
- TV with Bluetooth sound bar
- Underfloor heating
- Washing machine
- Outdoor seating area
- Plenty of parking, easy level walk from parking area to the front door
- The mobile signal can be a bit temperamental so we provide a landline for emergency calls.
- All bedding and towels provided
- Suitable for those with restricted mobility – more information below
- We accept up to two well behaved dogs
Open plan kitchen/lounge/diner: Miele electric oven and induction hob, fridge/freezer and dishwasher. (There is also a convection microwave in the utility.) Dining area seating six comfortably. Lounge with large, modern comfy sofas. The whole living area is double-height making it light with a feeling of spaciousness. Television with Bluetooth sound bar.
Boot room/utility: Plenty of space for drying boots and a ceiling-mounted clothes airer. Washing machine.
Quiet reading area: a few steps up from the hallway, relax in the Eames lounger with a book or look for wildlife. Desk area if you need to do a bit of work.
Downstairs cloakroom: Space here to store suitcases during your stay.
Master bedroom suite: standard double room with stunning loch views. En-suite with walk in shower and underfloor heating. Wardrobe and cupboard space. TV with Freeview.
Family bathroom: large shower and deep bath. Underfloor heating. Views to the hillside behind the house.
King/twin: Spacious wardrobe. Views to the hillside behind the house where we sometimes spot eagles. TV with Freeview. Full length mirror and hairdryer.
Double room: spacious wardrobe. Views to the hillside behind the house. TV with Freeview. Full length mirror and hairdryer.
We have avoided a garden as such because we want to house to disappear into the landscape as much as possible so we have left much of the land around the house to do its own thing. The land slopes steeply away from the house, so just be aware of that if you are coming with small children. The garden areas is completely fenced and there are plenty of places for sitting out and enjoying the stunning views across Loch Ewe and to the mountains beyond.
Please note, Aodann is a no smoking house.
For those with restricted mobility
The nice thing about Aodann is that if you love Scotland and the mountains but aren’t mobile enough to get out into the wilderness, the views from the house are so amazing you can sit and take it all in from the comfort of the house.
- Wide, level path from parking area to entrance
- Stone floors through most of the downstairs mean there are very few thresholds
- Downstairs double bedroom has an ensuite wet room with a floor of lovely Caithness stone and no steps into the shower
- Open plan living area with plenty of space to move about easily
- Wide doorways.
Nestling discretely by Loch Ewe this low impact design makes the perfect holiday rental